viernes, 15 de abril de 2016

Interview: Lenita Sheridan









Tell us a little about yourself and your background? 

I was raised in the Goldstream Valley outside of Fairbanks, Alaska. My parents were Christians and I became a Christian myself at age eleven.

In my twenties I moved to Washington state (where I was born) to look for a teaching position. While I was looking I substituted and during a snowstorm when school was closed I began my first Guardian of the Gauntlet book. I was accepted into graduate school at the University of Washington where I Guardian of the Gauntlet became my Master's Thesis. I graduated with a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing.

I now live on Whidbey Island where I am a substitute teacher and caregiver, as well as a writer. I like to read, sing, do crafts, and walk my dog, a Japanese Spitz named Haley.

Which writers inspire you?

I am inspired by C. S. Lewis and Stephen R. Donaldson

Have you written any other novels in collaboration with other writers?

No.

When did you decide to become a writer?

I decided to become a writer when I was eleven, in fifth grade.

Do you write full-time or part-time? 

I write part-time as I have two other jobs.

Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you? 

The first two books in my Guardian of the Gauntlet trilogy were written without an outline. The third book in the trilogy was written with an outline.

Do you have a strategy for finding reviewers?

I find that asking book bloggers to review my books is a good strategy. I am now reading a book titled The Author's Guide to Working with Book Bloggers. 

What are your thoughts on good/bad reviews? 

Unless I see a trend (a similar reason reviewers are giving me poor reviews), I tend to ignore bad reviews. I know that reviews are not supposed to matter to authors, but a good review always pleases me.

How can readers discover more about you and you work?

Go to my website: http://lenitasheridan.com

Any Comments for the Blog readers?

If you think the Guardian of the Gauntlet books might be of interest to your children suggest that they give them a try.

Any feedback for me or the blog?

I am glad to see that you have children's books on your blog. It is often hard for authors of children's books to find an avenue on which to promote their books.




No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Me encanta escuchar tu opinión ~ Love to hear your opinions