martes, 6 de octubre de 2015

Interview: Ryan Hill








Tell us a little about yourself and your background? 
I was born in Greenwich, Connecticut and moved to West Newbury, Massachusetts with my family when I was eight.  Ever since I was little, I knew I wanted to write.  I would always create long stories for fiction assignments in elementary school, and I would always create the games my friends and I played.  When I reached high school, pretend was no longer an option, so I took to writing out my fantasies.  Eventually, I started drafting storylines for several projects that I would later write in full length, and I owe it to my teachers for giving me the courage to finally do that.  Their support is what got me started.

My favorite place to vacation is Orlando, Florida. Disney and Universal hold great memories for me. Currently, I am a sophomore at UMass Amherst and pursuing a degree in English.  Survival Horror is my favorite genre, and some of my favorite movies are Evil Dead 2, Jurassic Park, Jaws, Alien, The Shining, The Thing, Grindhouse, and Scream. But my all time favorite horror movie is An American Werewolf in London.  I have a soft spot for werewolves, which is the main reason I included one in my novel Barking Madness.  I don’t know what it is about them, but I just find them interesting. I’m also a huge gamer, so you can find me in front of screens quite often.

Which writers inspire you? 
The two writers who inspire me the most are Stephenie Meyer and Christopher Paolini.

Have you written any other novels in collaboration with other writers?
No, but that’s something I might think about doing in the future.
      
When did you decide to become a writer?
I decided to start writing officially before my senior year of high school, but I knew I wanted to be a writer back in sixth grade when I wrote this massive short story for a school assignment.  It just came to me naturally.

Do you write full-time or part-time? 
It’s definitely a part-time thing. I only write for a couple hours a day.  I have school work to worry about on a daily basis.

Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you? 
I do work with an outline.  I like knowing where my story will go.  Although, I do come up with a lot of stuff in the moment. 

Do you have a strategy for finding reviewers? 
My strategy for finding reviewers is this: I’m on twitter researching reviewers daily.  I google young adult horror, paranormal, and thriller bloggers/reviewers and email as many as possible a review request letter.  I also look up other authors in my genre on Amazon and try to connect with their reviewers. 

What are your thoughts on good/bad reviews? 
I love good reviews; they make me happy, but bad reviews can be constructive.  They help me see what I need to improve upon so I can become a better writer.

How can readers discover more about you and your work?
They can follow me on facebook Facebook.com/RyanHillAuthor, and twitter @RyanHillAuthor.

Any Comments for the Blog readers?
I’d like to encourage everyone who is looking for a unique coming of age story as well as a psychological thriller to read my book.  You might find that it’s right up your alley.

Any feedback for me or the blog?
Thank you so much for giving me this interview.  I really appreciate the exposure.









No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Me encanta escuchar tu opinión ~ Love to hear your opinions