martes, 20 de octubre de 2015

Book Tour: THE FIXER: THE NAKED MAN



Blurb

“Katerina—I need some help. Be a good girl and come over here and I’ll make it worth your while.”

It’s an offer NYC college student Katerina Mills should refuse. But how can she?

A desperate situation....

After ditching her cheating lover (and boss), she’s stuck in dead end temp jobs. Her dad just ditched her mom and his promise to pay Kat's college tuition bill.

She has two weeks to come up with $14,000 or she's out of her apartment, out of school, and out of luck. 

A dangerous world....

Katerina falls into a job as a "fixer” for New York City's wealthy and privileged men. They have problems they need “fixed,” quick and on the QT, and they’re willing to pay.

The rules are simple: collect the money, use your contacts, fix the problem.

Kat's first job is easy: tail a shopaholic socialite wife. But who’s tailing Kat? 

Kat’s second job is not so easy: steal a VHS tape hidden in an antique chest. She can’t do it alone. To be a thief, she needs a thief: handsome, reclusive Alexander Winter to be exact. 

Kat soon learns the real rules for a fixer: there are no rules, there are no refunds. Get in. Get results. Get gone.

As every step brings her closer to her goal and closer to danger, there’s one rule left for Katerina Mills to learn: once you’re in, there’s no getting out.


















What inspired you to write your first book?  
For my first book, Project Jennifer, it was inspired by the question, “If you had a different name, would you have a different life?” My mother had made an offhand comment to me one day that she had wanted to name me Jennifer but my father had said no to that suggestion. It got me wondering, what if I had been named Jennifer? Would I have been different?
Do you have a specific writing style? 
If I had to describe my writing style, I would say I like to keep the story moving. I have a tendency to write in short chapters, which I think gives the story a quick flow. Also, my first love is screenwriting, so I tend to think in terms of dialogue a little more than narrative. I’m always working to improve my narrative.
How did you come up with the title? The title is a combination of the series name, “The Fixer” (because I wanted to introduce readers to the series) and the book title, “The Naked Man.” I chose “The Naked Man” for the title because there are multiple naked men in the book! One of the naked men is quite important to the plot so I thought that character should get a shout out in the title.
Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp? Rather than a message, I think the book presents some interesting problems and moral/ethical dilemmas that there are no easy answers too. There are a lot of gray areas that Katerina Mills is dealing with.  When faced with hard choices and limited options, what will a person choose to do? What will a person tell themselves so they can sleep at night?
What books have most influenced your life most? This is a great question and there are so many! I think of books that I stayed up half the night reading because I couldn’t put them down. The Road by Cormac McCarthy, Terms of Endearment by Larry McMurtry, A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway, and The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood. These are books I kept thinking about long after I finished them.














1 comentario:

Me encanta escuchar tu opinión ~ Love to hear your opinions