sábado, 17 de octubre de 2015

Book Spotlight - The Mill






















Blurb 

Set in an alternate universe, the protagonist, a self deprecating college student named Jen, is forced into a world where night time curfews are cruel, and monsters are real. Plagued with mental illness from birth, her twin brother was the only one who ever understood her. Since his engagement to a vain, dim witted valley girl, he's been paying Jen less and less of the attention she desperately craves.
Her journey begins when she attempts to take her own life on New Year's Eve after a final spat with her brother, landing her on a deserted highway just outside of hell instead of falling to her death. With the ghostly image of her empty apartment building fading into the night, she know's that the only way is forward.
She's immediately greeted by a quirky engineer named Hopper, who is quick to gloss over the importance of getting out of sight; so quick it leaves Jen in another terrible spot. Separated from Hopper and captured by Collectors, she wakes in a nightmare to which there seems to be no escape, The Mill. Hunted by unnatural creatures in this dank underground, she begins to discover the importance of life, and the err of her mistake.









Excerpt from The Mill:

Mumbling to herself, she looked at the still wrapped bicycle. “I should have brought a bottle of wine, or something. I could have at least gone without a care.” Maybe he’ll come up here and find it once I’m gone. He’ll know that I loved him. He’ll know that I just couldn’t stand killing him anymore. She looked back to the street as a growing crowd in the park began to chant. I’m doing the right thing, she nodded to herself.
The clock tower chimed to life in the distance, one, two, three...
She sucked in a breath, whispering, “It’s time,” and pushed off, flipping around to watch the sky as her stomach dropped. The feeling of freedom spread through her body, and she smiled with relief. Though the wind whipped past her ears, she could hear the gongs clearly.Six, seven, eight...
The snow flurried about her plummeting body and she marveled at the light gathering all around her. It was warm and comforting, almost welcoming her in. Nine, ten, eleven... But into where? 






About the Author 

From an early age I was in love with the written word, and space - the final frontier. I've always had a flair for science fiction, horror, and gore, perhaps due to the fact that I've brushed with death multiple times. Almost crushed by a 60lb window when I was 4, serious car accident when I was 6 (I was the driver of said vehicle), nearly choked to death on candy two weeks later (mother had to stick her hand down my throat to remove it!), and three additional life threatening car accidents.
I managed to grow into a self sufficient, responsible(ish) adult, working as a Producer at a video game studio in Boulder, CO. I spend a lot of time with my husband, friends, and fur-babies (Doberman, Rottie-mix, & a calico kitty), but when I'm not at home I'm typically climbing things, running around, doing handstands, or generally putting myself in harms way for fun. Other silly hobbies include playing airsoft, cooking, and staring at space, sometimes with a telescope!









No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Me encanta escuchar tu opinión ~ Love to hear your opinions