sábado, 19 de septiembre de 2015

Samantha Britt Interview







Tell us a little about yourself and your background?
Although I have loved reading and writing since my early teen years, it was not until I graduated from Texas A&M University (Whoop!) that I began to seriously consider turning my hobby into more.

Now, two years later, I have finally published my debut novel and cannot be more excited to see where this takes me. Will of Fate is actually my third novel, but the first I felt prepared to release to readers. I hope others fall in love with these characters as I have. Their stories tend to distract me at the most inopportune times; my mind racing with new plots and interactions to incorporate in future books when busy working at my day job.

Which writers inspire you?
                Oh gosh, there are so many! I enjoy multiple genres and multiple types of authors. I suppose a few of my favorites would be Tamora Pierce, Cassandra Clare, Lurlene McDaniel, Melissa Mar, Meg Cabot, and J.K. Rowling (of course).

Have you written any other novels in collaboration with other writers?
                Not yet, but I am open to the idea!

When did you decide to become a writer?
                I guess I would say when I actually clicked the “Publish” button on AmazonKDP. I’ve been writing in my spare time since I was 14. (The urge to do so would come and go throughout my high school and college years). It wasn’t until post-college, working my day job, that I wondered if I could actually produce a piece of work others would read and enjoy. After editing Will of Fate for a couple weeks, I finally took the plunge and self-published. It’s been a whirlwind of marketing/promoting/networking ever since!

Do you write full-time or part-time?
Part-Time. I’m a Research Chemist during the day :)

Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you? 
Funny enough, I’ve done both. Will of Fate had a general outline, but much of it was also formed at the moment of writing when certain ideas just seemed to fit in the storyline. However, the sequel is very meticulously outlined - to the chapter and paragraph outlined. I don’t know what caused the difference in approach, but the detailed plot is working very well for the second book. Whatever works, right?

Do you have a strategy for finding reviewers? 
                I am currently exploring multiple strategies. My original plan was simply promoting the book on Twitter/Facebook/Goodreads, and I had some success with that. As of a few days ago, I began participating in Goodreads groups for Indie Authors per the recommendation of fellow indie author Wendi Wilson. Hopefully the groups will help encourage readers to review Will of Fate to help get it more traction with readers! (Side note: Wendi is awesome. Truthfully. She is helpful, kind, and I just love her! She’s been a surprising blessing on this self-publishing journey.)

What are your thoughts on good/bad reviews? 
I believe that as long as reviews are honest, I think they’re great.
Good reviews: I cannot imagine anything more encouraging to an author than reading a good review of their work. Nothing compares. Seeing others enjoy your work not only gives you a sense of accomplishment, but also motivates and encourages you to continue on this path to produce even more work.
Bad reviews: The reality is, not everyone will enjoy my work. There is no way I can produce something that will appeal to every single individual on this planet. It’s not possible. As a result, some readers might finish my book and find it lacking in some way. They might even want to air their grievances with the intent of saving others like them from reading the book.
That being said, the only bad reviews I pay attention to when browsing for my own books are the ones which specifically mention aspects of the book they did not enjoy. Then, I evaluate if their opinions are relevant to me. I.e. Little character development – Yeah, that bugs me too, maybe I will skip this one. Unrealistic love story – Wait a minute. I’m reading fiction. That doesn’t turn me off as much.
If the review is negative with very little detail as to what they disliked, and is instead filled with insults and derogatory statements, I give them very little influence over my decision to read/not read a book. It is the readers right to formulate and share opinions on something they’ve read. It is also the potential readers right to take reviews as what they are, opinions.
All reviews are an invaluable tool used to figure out what to spend your spare time reading and, as long as they’re honest, I think they’re great.
How can readers discover more about you and you work?
                Twitter would probably be the best platform for that, but I do use Facebook and Goodreads pretty regularly. I love connecting with fellow authors/readers/bloggers/anyone/everyone! Please feel free to reach out to me and I will be sure to reply :)


Any Comments for the Blog readers?
Thank you for taking the time to read this interview! I appreciate it more than you can imagine. If you enjoy reading or writing young adult/new adult fantasy or paranormal romance, I hope you will take the time to connect with me on one of my social media sites. I would love to connect with you.
Any feedback for me or the blog?

Joselyn, what you are doing for indie authors is nothing short of amazing. You are so appreciated! I will definitely be visiting your blog to learn more about works by my fellow indie authors. Thank you for everything!

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Me encanta escuchar tu opinión ~ Love to hear your opinions