jueves, 14 de mayo de 2015

Spot Thursday: Lily Rayman



Tell us a little about yourself and your background? 

   I was born in England, after seven and a half years working as an administrator I found the opportunity to travel to Australia. It had been a dream of mine to chase cattle across the outback on horseback. I'm proud to be have been able to achieve my dream. I had been in Australia for four months when I came to work to work on a property in New South Wales.  It didn't take long for me to fall in love with the guy who owned the farm. We traveled across Queensland together, chasing the cattle and catching bulls.  I worked as the camp cook whilst my soon to be husband worked as a stockman.  It was an awesome experience that we long to repeat again, when life gets tough or monotonous as home we sigh whist fully and say "the cattle are calling!"  At home we breed and run horses and cattle on our 500acre slice of paradise.  We were married a little over five years ago and now have two very beautiful little girls under three.

Which writers inspire you? 

  I have always enjoyed reading Anne Macaffery, Raymond E Fiest, Ursula Le Guin and Guy Gavriel Kay.  More recently I have been following Emma V Leech.

Have you written any other novels in collaboration with other writers?

   I'm actually having a little bit of light hearted fun writing a fanfic role play with several talented young women.  Our fanfic is based on Emma V Leech's Dark Prince series.

When did you decide to become a writer?

    I enjoyed writing when I was a child, even in primary school.  Always spinning a yarn and enjoying writing stories.  It became more of an escape for me at fourteen.  I was bullied in school, and when I wasn't lost in Fiest's Magician series, Macaffery's world of Pern or Kay's Tigana then I was deeply immersed in my own world writing about my own heroine who was a strong and independent sword wielding hero who didn't give a damn about the words of bullies.

Once I left school and started working I drifted away from writing until a couple of years ago when my fingers started itching to write again.  That's when An Unexpected Bonding was born.  It would have maybe remained a Wattpad hobby if Emma V Leech had not suggested I enter my completed, un-edited first draft in the iParchment writing rally at the start of 2014.  An Unexpected Bonding walked away with Best Work and Most Popular Work.  That encouraged me to re-work, edit and polish my manuscript before sending it to a copy-editor before publishing my manuscript to eBook and print.

Do you write full-time or part-time? 

    I'm actually a full-time wife and mother. It's a full-time job raising two girls under three.  I actually completed most of my editing work last year in hospital.  My eldest daughter was diagnosed with cancer at 18 months. So whilst spending a lot of time sitting around in the hospital for treatment or tests I would keep busy (and sane) working on AUB.  Once that was completed I was swiftly working on drafting the next two books of what will be a trilogy.

Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you? 

     I don't work with set plot outlines or guides. I just start writing, following the stream of words to get to idea to idea of what will happen in my story.  I actually draft out my book in wattpad, currently the next two books are being planned out as one book, but once I finished my first draft I will split the book into the two distinct story lines and fill out, improve, edit and polish the two books contained within my draft.

Do you have a strategy for finding reviewers? 

     I ask book bloggers if they are interested in reading my book and sharing their review.  It's still early days yet.

What are your thoughts on good/bad reviews? 

     I welcome any constructive criticism that can help me grow and develop as a writer.  I'm firmly of the belief we all learn something new everyday.

How can readers discover more about you and you work?

   I have a new website and a new blog.
www.lillyrayman0007.wix.com/lillyrayman

I'm on Goodreads
www.goodreads.com/LillyRayman

Facebook
www.facebook.com/LillyRayman0007

Twitter
www.twitter.com/LillyRayman0007

Google plus
+Lilly Rayman

Any Comments for the Blog readers?

    Please feel free to follow me and send me a message, I'm always happy to hear from people and will always respond to any questions or feedback.  Don't be shy, talk to me today.

Any feedback for me or the blog?

   I'm very appreciative of the opportunity to take part in your author spot on your blog.  I love the bookmarks you've already created for An Unexpected Bonding and I look forward to hearing your review.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Me encanta escuchar tu opinión ~ Love to hear your opinions